Live the life you want, love the people around you, and laugh as often as you can.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Three Goats

I often travel up and down I-5 on my trek to Eugene and back. It is a beautiful drive and there are lots of things to look at as you travel. There is one spot in particular that I get excited about every time I pass it. There is a hillside between Creswell and Cottage Grove where three wild goats live. I am guessing they are wild. There are only three of them and they live on this hillside that is right above a rock quarry. At least I think it it a quarry. There are several big machines there but I have never actually seen anyone working there.

Anyway...every time I go by there, I get exited about seeing the three goats. Will I see them today? Will they be close? Will they all three be there? It is a highlight to my drive, which otherwise is just an ordinary drive.

I am not sure how the goats wound up there. Maybe they escaped from a nearby farm or were let out to find their own way. Either way, I always light up when I see them up along the hillside. There isn't much grass, but many trees and bushes. There are some areas that are almost all rock. I love to see them climbing up along the rocky areas.

Sometimes there are only two of them, but most of the time you can spot all three of them only a few feet apart. I don't know if they are a family or just hang out together. Whatever they are, they make me smile every time I see them and a little sad if I pass by and don't catch a glimpse of them.

So if you are ever passing between Creswell, OR and Cottage Grove, OR along I-5, look off to the East and you might catch a glimpse of my three goats. I am sure they will make you smile.

1 comment: